Role of the Performer- Céline Dion

 



Musical Biography

When I found out that we were asked to write a blog post about a music performer, only one person came to mind! The beautiful, extremely talented, Céline Dion! Céline Dion was born in Quebec Canada where she was raised with her 13 brothers and sisters, who are all musically inclined as well. Since Ms. Dion's early start in the music industry, she has released a total of 27 albums including 7 live albums. "By the mid-1990s, Dion had established herself as one of the best-selling musical artists in the world. Dion's "Let's Talk About Love" album (1997) reached major success featuring the movie "Titanic's theme "My Heart Will Go On", becoming Dion's signature song. The film had a record number of Oscar noms, and "My Heart Will Go On" went on to win the 1997 Academy Award and Golden Globe for Best Original Song for Dion. Dion two Grammy awards for Best Female Pop Vocal Performance and the coveted Record of the Year award for the track. "My Heart Will Go On" sold 50 million records worldwide, and quickly shot to No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100."(Celebrity Net Worth) Overall, Céline Dion has received a total of 5 Grammy awards and was nominated for 16. Between the years 2000 and 2010 she was the highest-grossing entertainer IN THE WORLD. In March of 2011, she began her Las Vegas residency, where she performed for nearly 9 years. Currently, Céline Dion is touring Europe during the year 2021, stopping in 32 different cities across Europe. What I would give to go see her in concert!


Fly Céline Dion
Written by Jean-Jacques Goldman & Phil Gladstone, USA

This emotional song is a substantially meaningful song for my family and I. Growing up I listened to Céline Dion with my mom and grandma, any chance we got she was playing in the background. Her music was a staple in our house during family get-togethers. My grandma passed when I was 13 years old, and this was the only song I continually listened to. I don't want to be a debbie downer but a lot of the music that I truly appreciate has a deeper meaning to me. Céline Dion has an INCREDIBLE voice, and this song genuinely helped me grieved the death of my grandma. The song quite frankly gives me chills almost every single time I hear it. The piano and guitar contribute to the emotional sentiment of the song.

Lyrics

Fly, fly little wing
Fly beyond imagining
The softest cloud, the whitest dove
Upon the wind of heaven's love
Past the planets and the stars
Leave this lonely world of ours
Escape the sorrow and the pain
And fly again


Céline Dion Hits Medley (2008)

I chose this performance by Céline because it is beautifully done and showcases just how talented she really is. My favorite characteristic of Céline Dion's voice is the fact that she can make ANY song emotional, it doesn't matter what it is about she'll bring out the emotion with her extraordinary voice. Her voice is unique because she doesn't use too much vibrato all while still polishing her songs with finesse! I personally love listening to anything Céline Dion is apart of-reminds me of my childhood. I am thankful for her extreme talent!

Performer Importance 

We need performers like Celine Dion to interpret the compositions of others because no two people will perform the same composition in the exact same way. You can have a completely different experience with each performer. At the same time, no two people will interpret music in the same way. If everyone had the same taste in music or interpreted it the same way, the world would be very boring and bland. 

Sources

Comments

  1. WOW! I haven't heard Celine Dion in years. She has a beautiful voice. My favorite song was "The Power of Love". When I read the lyrics "Fly, Fly little wings" I thought of my daughter I lost when she was 4 years old. Thinking she flew to heaven with her little wings. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Candice! Celine Dion's voice is crazy good I am glad that I get to learn about it! I have heard the song "fly" before and it is great to hear it could help you personally. I also have plenty of songs that have gotten me through rough times. Crazy what music can do for us.
    Trenton Woods

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Analysis #1

Continued Explorations-Brother Bear