Hi! My name is Candice Buchanan, I am a momma to two sweet babies, Cameron (2), and Harper (1), so to say my life is chaos would be an understatement. I am happily married to the love of my life, Tyler! He makes the chaos of our lives fun, and interesting! I am currently pursuing a BSW which is a Bach in Social Work. I have been going to school for a bit now, taking a few classes here and there.  Originally, I started going for a nursing degree but I recently switched my major because I feel more passionate about the social work field. I want to make a difference in people's lives, and I feel like my unfortunate experience with suicide/depression firsthand has given me an advantage for empathy toward people struggling with mental health. I want to take my BSW to Arizona where I will get my Masters and hopefully allow me to open up my own therapy office for veterans with PTSD. I feel there is a massive need for mental health services for our Armed Forces. My family and I moved here to Fairbanks in August of 2019 due to military orders, and we have been doing as much traveling and sightseeing as we can. Alaska is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been to, I feel very fortunate to live here. I added a picture of one of our trips to the Klutina River last summer because I am passionate about photography. You will always find me with a phone or camera in my hands, and as fast as my kids are growing, I always want to document the sweet moments. I also added a sweet photo of my beautiful baby girl! I have always been very into music. I have never played an instrument or sang in the choir, but when I am feeling in a mood, regardless if it’s good or bad I want to listen to music. It’s truly in everything I do, when I am cooking, cleaning, doing homework, I am always listening to music! Hope that gave you all a little glimpse into my life! I am looking forward to learning more about each of you!





Comments

  1. Your kids are adorable. I have never heard this song before, and I love it. Could I make it into a ukulele song? Hmm? Maybe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the song too!! Definitely one of my faves right now! You could absolutely try! I'd love to hear it if you do make it!

      Delete
  2. I second that your kids are adorable! It's exciting to see new people exploring Alaska and seeing first hand why this state is so amazing! There is a lot to explore here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a happy family and a happy mom! I have two girls (12 & 10), and they grew so fast! I love them now, but I also miss my baby girls:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a beautiful family, Candice! I have a three year old son and he is wild, it's so much fun! Also, social work has always frightened me, but I do praise those who are able to do the work with compassion and understanding. I also LOVE your page title. I look forward to getting to know you this semester.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Candice, your kids are absolutely adorable! I like the song you chose! Also, I really admire your goal of opening up a therapy office for veterans with PTSD.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice blog Candice! I have to agree with everyone, your kids are so cute! I hadn't heard the song you chose before, but it's pretty fun and I would definitely love to hear it turned into a ukulele song.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My daughter is studying the same field as you. We need more people like you all. Your have a beautiful family. Have a great semester!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Candice! I have actually been interested in switching my major to a bachelors in social work too! I have always been interested in helping others, it is just a matter of choice now! You have a beautiful family, and I am happy that you seem to love Alaska as much as I do!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Candice! I have actually been interested in switching my major to a bachelors in social work too! I have always been interested in helping others, it is just a matter of choice now! You have a beautiful family, and I am happy that you seem to love Alaska as much as I do! (My comment accidentally uploaded as "unknown", so I just copy and pasted it here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Candice! Your kids are adorable and I'm glad that you have such a happy family! I always love listening to music while getting things done in the day too. I think it is awesome that you want to help Veterans with PTSD. I have met some from my church and therapy helped a lot. Have a great start to the semester!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Candice!
    I am happy to hear that you are enjoying your time in Alaska. I often here how much military famillies hate it here, so its nice to hear something positive. If you haven't yet, try to check out Seward before you leave - Its soooo beautiful! and not THAT far; well not on "Alaska's terms" lol.

    I am also going for my BSW. Such a versatile field, and being able to encourage those who need it is what captures me. Have you taken many SWK classes yet? Also, what is your minor in? If you ever want to chat more about this, let me know! Hope you have a great semester

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Continued Explorations-Brother Bear

Music and the Fictive Dream-The Lion King